Frankfort Pier Lighthouse

  • About

    This Frankfort lighthouse has long been a symbol of the city’s maritime heritage, and its likeness was incorporated into a gateway arch in 1925 to welcome travelers to the community. The arch features a replica of the car ferry "City of Green Bay" that rests on a crossbeam supported by twin lighthouses. When originally built, the support lighthouses were made of stone gathered from Lake Michigan. Another version of the arch, which was rebuilt and moved multiple times, features concrete lighthouses, while steel towers are used in the arch that currently spans M-115.