Night Sail, Suttons Bay
- Presented By: Inland Seas Education Association
- Dates: June 24, 2023
- Location: Inland Seas’ Campus – Thomas M. Kelly Biological Station
- 100 Dame St
- Suttons Bay, MI 49682
- Time: 8:45 PM to 10:45 PM
- Price: $50.00 2 hours
- (231) 271-3077
All events are subject to change without notice. Please check the event website for the most updated information.
Join us for a beautiful experience under the night sky for two hours. The night sky is a vast, beautiful region that not many have the privilege of enjoying from the deck of a ship.
A professional astronomer will be on the sail to help you identify what is visible during your sail. You'll learn about the history and science of the night sky while enjoying the peacefulness of being under sail after sunset. Take advantage of this unique opportunity to experience the Great Lakes in a whole new way.
Some highlights of this 2-hour sail include:
- Learn about galaxies, stars, astronomy, and history
- Experiencing the Great Lakes at night and much more!
Meeting Place and Check-In Time
- Your experience will depart from 100 Dame Street, Suttons Bay, MI 49682
- You should meet at the boat, NOT at the Capt. Thomas M. Kelly Biological Station office.
- Please arrive 20-30 minutes early before your scheduled departure.
- If you are lost or running late, please call the ship phone at (231) 620-9719.
What to Wear
Please dress according to weather predictions, and for cooler temperatures on the water. We recommend you do not wear flip-flop type shoes.
What to Bring/What Not to Bring
- May bring bottle of water
- Do not bring any glass containers
- Do not bring any outside food on board
Join us for this night-time experience you will never forget!