Meet the Alpacas at the Spring Open Farm Weekend
- Presented By: Buckley Food Pantry
- Dates: April 29, 2023 - April 30, 2023
- Recurrence: Recurring daily
- Location: Cotton Creek Farms
- 11885 Jewell Rd
- Thompsonville, MI 49683
- Time: 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- Price: Free
- (248) 760-3586
All events are subject to change without notice. Please check the event website for the most updated information.
Join us for a free family event as we celebrate spring and the opening of our 2023 season! We’re welcoming you into our 27-acre farm and we’re inviting alpaca lovers of all ages.
We’ll be shearing in May, so the alpacas are all big, fluffy, and full of love. This will be one of the last times to view them before they receive their spring haircuts. If you’d like to play with a giant, living teddy bear, you’ll want to come out to see the alpacas before shearing.
- Meet our 50 alpaca boys and girls
- Say hi to all of our 2022 alpaca babies
- Meet llama Lucy
- Feed the alpacas
- Take selfies with the alpacas
- Shop for alpaca products in our 1,200-square-foot store
- Grab some great food (pork, brats, and hot dogs) from Howard’s Great Lakes Grill
Let’s Give Back to the Community
This is a free event, however, this year we’d like to use this time to give back to our local community. We are asking visitors (who are able) to bring a nonperishable food item or small cash donation for The Buckley Food Pantry.
The pantry serves 200 households and families, which equals about 700 people each month across Buckley, Mesick, Manton, Cadillac, Grawn, Traverse City, Copemish, Thompsonville, Kaleva, and the Bear Lake areas.
If you are unable to provide a donation, that is okay too. We ask those who can give, to give. For those who cannot, please know we understand and you are welcome to attend without providing a donation.
No Outside Animals
Since we are a working farm, dogs are not allowed on the farm. We love dogs as much as you do, but we cannot have dogs on the farm due to the stress they cause alpacas.