Little Sprouts: 5toOne Playgroup
- Dates: 6/1/2023, 6/15/2023, 7/6/2023, 7/20/2023, 8/3/2023, 8/17/2023, 9/7/2023, 9/21/2023, 10/5/2023, 10/19/2023, 11/2/2023
- 5885 Frankfort Highway
- Benzonia, MI 49616
- Time: 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM
- Price: This programming is free and open to the public. Pre-registration helps us plan.
- (231) 882-9510
All events are subject to change without notice. Please check the event website for the most updated information.
The 5toOne Playgroup is for parents and children ages 0-6 years old (but older siblings are welcome too!)
All playgroups are free and include a snack (provided by our partners at Early Head Start) and story for children as well as playtime with engaging materials. Activities are designed for children 0-6 but older siblings are always welcome.
We welcome you to our cooperative playgroup!
Our playgroup is a place where children, parents and caregivers, early childhood champions, and community partners come together in a cooperative spirit to interact and develop a quality foundation for education and community in their neighborhoods, helping children thrive and connecting parents with information and resources.
What might this look like?
• Open-ended, child-led play for all
• Attentiveness to all children
• Sharing information and experiences in the parent huddle
• Screen-free as much as possible
• Children building social and emotional skills
• Parents and children helping one another
• Parents taking turns reading a story to the group
• Building parenting skills
• Parents sharing responsibilities to create quality experiences
• Participants making suggestions to improve the playgroup
• Participants taking action to improve the group and the community
• Parents networking with each other
• Parents working together to maintain a routine that builds safety and trust
5toONE is an innovative project of the Great Start Collaborative that brings together families and local partners to ensure that all children reach their highest potential.