In Traverse City and the surrounding regions, the well-being of residents and guests is top priority. That’s why our region is following local, state, and federal guidelines to ensure safety, health and peace of mind.
If you want to know if your favorite local business is open, the best thing to do is call them or check their website/social media.
Businesses, activities and attractions in our region are open including:
- Restaurants (no state required capacity limits, but individual businesses may have their own restrictions). Outdoor dining options are also available around the area.
- Wineries, Distilleries and Breweries. View more places to sip outside.
- Parks, beaches and trails including the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore (click here for details)
- Grocery stores
- Other essential businesses
- BATA Bus, Transportation and the Cherry Capital Airport
- Golf courses
Masks are no longer required by the state of Michigan, but please keep in mind that individual business may require them. Please kindly follow their requirements.
Recreation and entertainment facilities
Outdoor Facilities: No limits
Indoor Facilities: No limits
What You Can Do
Live like a local! We ask all visitors to follow the same guidelines we do here in TC, which means following regulations set forth by the state of Michigan and the CDC, including:
- Get vaccinated (FIND A VACCINATION SITE NEAR YOU)
- Kindly follow the requirements of individual businesses
- Practice social distancing
- Stay home if you feel sick or have had contact with someone with COVID-19 symptoms. If you have symptoms while traveling, please self-quarantine and seek guidance from the resources below.
What TC Is Doing
Each business has their own safety procedures, but here’s an idea of how our hotels and businesses are creating safe environments for staff and customers.
- Encouraging vaccinations
- Screening employees for symptoms before every shift
- Enhancing cleaning practices