Fresh ingredients. Fast service. Fun flavors. Each food truck brings its own unique flair to the dining scene in northern Michigan, and we’re highlighting some of our favorites around town.
Keep in mind, these trucks have wheels! They may be on the move, so be sure to check their website or social media for their latest and greatest locations.
If you’re looking for variety…
Of course we have to start with the mecca of food trucks: the Little Fleet in downtown TC. The year-round bar and eatery hosts yurts and cozy fires in the winter and half a dozen amazing food trucks in the summer. The 2020 line-up includes Glendale Ave (burgers, fries, and sandwiches), Cordwood BBQ (you guessed it—barbeque!), Traverse City Pizza Company (brick oven pizzas), Good on Wheels (Vietnamese street food), and Happy’s Taco Shop (fresh, flavorful tacos).
If you’re looking for tacos…
- Osorio Tacos y Salsas has been serving up traditional Oaxacan fare since 2012, but 2020 is the first year for their food truck! Find them serving up tacos, flautas, quesadillas, and more at 1500 US 31 N in Traverse City. (Or visit their original location just down the road!)
- Norma’s Tamales & Mexican Cuisine is dishing out authentic favorites on the corner of Division and Randolph in Traverse City. They even make fresh flour and corn tortillas on site!
- In Suttons Bay, you’ll discover another gem: Taqueria Las Lagunas. Usually found at Barrels & Barrels party store, this truck serves lunch and dinner on summer weekends.
- Tacoz & Nachoz—sister company of Wingz & Thingz—operates out of Benzie County. You can usually find both trucks at Area 31 in Beulah.
If you’re looking for pizza…
Check out the all-new From the Ashes. When owner Kristy VerSnyder (who is also the proprietor of farm-to-table catering company Island Thyme) saw her wedding and event busines dry up as a result of COVID-19the pandemic, she and her chef partner got creative and began serving up delicious, wood-fired pizzas and fresh salads. Find the truck—and its seasonal menu—at Fountain Point Resort in Leelanau County.
If you’re looking for beer pairings…
- Five Shores Brewing in Beulah has an amazing beer garden (and amazing beer), and this summer, they’ve partnered with Steelhead Café for fish fries and more. Enjoy a relaxing evening outdoors with Fido in tow!
- Silver Spruce Brewing + Spruce Kitchen = good times in Traverse City. Choose from adult grilled cheese, buffalo chicken sandwiches, Chicago dogs, beer cheese pretzels, and more alongside your favorite brew.
- Old Mission Eats has you covered in the burger department—veggie burgers included. (Plus fries, of course!) You can find them—and draft and canned beer—at Short’s Brewing Company’s production facility in Elk Rapids.
If you’re looking for dessert…
Look no further than Genevieve, the baby sister of Grand Traverse Pie Company, parked near Einstein Cycles at the corner of 4 Mile Road and US 31 N. While the mobile restaurant has lunchtime favorites like sandwiches and chicken pot pie, the real delight comes from the award-winning pies like cherry crumble, blueberry, or strawberry rhubarb.
*If you’re seeking a complete list, check out the map below. There are so many great ones to choose from!