The 8th Annual Suds & Snow Celebration on March 8th does just that.
What’s better than drinking beer along the trails as you head into the middle of the woods to listen to live music, eat great food and drink more beer around roaring bonfires? Not much.
“The event is a favorite of many of the brewers due its uniqueness, like using the natural elements to build bars. You can’t believe everything is going on out in the middle of the woods” states Kristin Levesque of Timber Ridge RV & Recreation Resort, the host property for the annual event.
This year there are 12 Michigan microbreweries that will be on site: Arcadia Ales, Beggar's Brewery, Bell's, Brewery Terra Firma, Cheboygan Brewing Co., Ferment, Jolly Pumpkin Artisan Ales, North Peak Brewing Co., Northern Natural Cider House, Right Brain Brewery, Schmohz Brewery and Short's Brewing Company.
So what do you need to know if you're planning on being a part of it?
- Tickets are $20 per person and include a commemorative pint glass (to the first 500 ticket purchases), 2- 8oz. tastings on the trail, trail pass, live music and more! (buy tickets here)
- Bring your ID and cash for additional beer & food purchases (there are no credit card capabilities in the middle of the woods)
- Wear something wacky - a hat, shirt, a full on costume - have fun with it!
- If you don't snowshoe or cross country ski don't worry - you can walk the trails!
- Take advantage of the FREE shuttles that will run from several hotels & downtown parking lots
- The fun starts at 1:30pm but for a shorter entrance line head out around 2pm or after
- Dress warm! (There are bonfires at the Trail Station and a large fireplace in the lodge)
- Come hungry! Come thirsty! The event benefits TART Trails, Inc. and Child & Family Services of Northwestern Michigan
- HAVE FUN!