Business Development Manager
The Business Development Manager is responsible for developing and selling promotional opportunities on behalf of Traverse City Tourism (TCT) and its members. The Business Development Manager’s main objective is to maximize revenue potential of TCT’s business activities without compromising the integrity of TCT and its members.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
• Possess a creative sales approach, display a high level of initiative, and determine best ways to pursue business opportunities.
• Maintain a strong network of business decision makers and leaders in the Traverse City area.
• Represent the interests of TCT and its members in business, social, and governmental activity, when assigned.
• Work closely with Marketing Department to set rates and marketing strategy for Visitor Guide, website and all other related advertising opportunities.
• Work with President and fellow staff on incubation and development of events and activities that drive local tourism.
• Working with Digital Marketing Manager and PR/Media Manager to create web and social media opportunities.
• Participate in after-hours activities and industry events related to assigned duties.
• Maintain membership and become involved with organizations to enhance community recognition and establish sphere of influence.
• Attend TCT meetings, as assigned.
• Build positive relationships with clients, vendors, and competitive DMO’s/CVB’s.
• Responsible for all client and member follow-up in CRM system.
• Provide assistance in marketing, media, and PR decision making and execution.
• Provide assistance with group sales functions, when assigned.
• Work with marketing department to produce various collateral pieces.
• Stay up-to-date with local product knowledge, as well as competition.
• All other duties, as assigned.
• Extremely well connected and respected in the Traverse City area.
• Position requires ability to work closely with President and Director of Marketing for initial onboarding and ongoing training.
• Proven record of exceeding goals: evidence of the ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment.
• Strategic Thinker – anticipating future consequences and trends and developing plans to align with and achieve clearly defined objectives and goals.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to travel approximately 25% of the time for assignments including, but not limited to, outside sales calls, site tours and familiarization trips, industry tradeshows, and industry meetings and events.
• Ability to work evenings and weekends.
• Bachelors degree preferred.
• Two to five years of experience in sales preferred.
• Valid drivers license.
Please send resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.