You have 0 items in your Trip Planner.Trip Planner
Current Weather33.0° Fair
Do you LOVE Traverse City?
Volunteer at the Traverse City Visitor Center!
One of the most important positions at Traverse City Tourism is being a part of the knowledgeable and friendly volunteer team that staffs the Visitor Reception Desk - and we're looking for more of those ideal candidates!
No experience is necessary but volunteers should possess excellent knowledge of the area, a friendly personality and basic internet skills to allow them to look up information about local events and visitor amenities.
- Friendly personality
- Excellent knowledge of the area
- Basic internet/computer skills
- Must communicate verbally and provide information in a clear and simple manner
- Greet visitors and assist them in an informed and friendly manner.
- Stay current on local events by reviewing the newspaper, calendar of events and other sources.
- Must research information on our website or other internet sources.
Selected volunteers will be asked to attend a training session and commit to at least (1) four hour shift at the Visitor Center reception desk monthly from mid-Oct to May, and (1) 3 hour shift every other week from May-Oct.
To learn more about volunteering at the Traverse City Visitor Center, please email Traverse City Tourism Office Manager Joni McGuffin at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 231-995-3906.