You have 0 items in your Trip Planner.Trip Planner
Current Weather36.0° Overcast
The Traverse City area hosts a wide variety of festivals throughout the year. By far our largest annual event is the National Cherry Festival, held in early July in downtown Traverse City. Other major celebrations throughout the year are listed below, with links to the official sites if available.
For information and online purchase of ticketed events in the Traverse City area go to My North Tickets.
Santa's Arrival, Tree Lighting & Holiday Open House
Contact & More Info
The holiday season kicks off when Santa comes to town! Join the downtown shops and restaurants for a night full of holiday fun, music and activities!
Schedule of Events:
- Holiday Music: 5:00 pm
- Community Caroling: 5:45 pm
- Santa Arrives & Community Tree Lighting: 6:00 pm
- Santa Visits in His House: 6:15-9:00 pm
- Live Musical Entertainment: 6:15-9:00 pm
- Ice Sculptures and Live Demonstration: 6 to 8:00 pm
- Live Reindeer: 6 to 8:00 pm
- Horse & Carriage Rides: 6:30 to 9:00 pm
- FREE Holiday cartoons at the State Theatre: 6:45 pm
- Fire Dancing, Juggling and More!